Workflows module allows to build workflows to sort messages, assign them to the right person, send predefined emails and even create SLA-like workflows. Workflows are similar to Gmail filters or rules in other email clients.
There are two main types of workflows: Automatic and Manual.
Automatic workflows are running in the background and check conversations for matching conditions and carry out specified actions automatically. If automatic workflow does not contain any date-related conditions (Waiting Since, Date Created, Last User Reply, Last Customer Reply), it is executed when a new message is created or some condition’s value changes (for example, conversation status changes).
A Manual workflow doesn’t do anything until you execute it for a conversation. For example when a customer emails in with a specific question, you can execute a workflow to send a reply, add a tag and assign it to someone on your team.
Workflows are composed of conditions and actions.
- Customer Name
- Customer Email
- User Action — replied or added a note
- Conversation Type — email or phone
- Conversation Status — active, pending, closed, spam
- Assigned to User
- To — email To field
- Body — customer message or user note contains specific text
- Attachement — contains or not
- Customer Viewed
- Tag(s) — contains specific tags (requires Tags module)
- Waiting Since — for how many days or hours a customer message is waiting to be replied by a user
- Last User Reply — date of the last user reply
- Last Customer Reply — date of the last customer reply
- Date Created — date when conversation was created
- Custom Fields — check custom fields values (requires Custom Fields module)
Conditions are case-insensitive.
- Send Email Notification — to current assignee, to the last user to reply or to a specific user
- Email the Customer
- Forward — forward conversation with a custom message to a third party
- Add a Note
- Change Conversation Status — active, pending, closed, or spam
- Assign to User
- Move to Mailbox
- Move to Deleted Folder
- Delete Forever
- Add Tag(s) — requires Tags module
- Remove Tag(s) — requires Tags module
- Set Custom Field — requires Custom Fields module
Track Refund Requests
When the subject line or customer message contains “refund”, you want FreeScout to automatically add a tag and send an email to the customer.
Keep Track of Aging Conversations
When a conversation is not replied by a user more than 1 day, add a “overdue” tag and send email notification to the current assignee and specific user. Also using Custom Folders module you by assigning a tag can add conversations to the Overdue folder for example.