This module converts messages sent to your WhatApp into FreeScout conversations and allows support agents to reply from FreeScout and answers will be delivered to your customers’ WhatsApp accounts.
In order the integration to work you need to keep your mobile phone connected to the Internet.
Module uses paid Chat API service. To pay something like 13 USD per month (instead of 39 USD), after registering in Chat API on Payments page just switch the language to Russian before making the payment.
Each mailbox can be connected to it’s WhatsApp account.
WhatsApp conversations are marked with the corresponding badge.
- PHP >=7.1
- FreeScout should use HTTPS protocol
- FreeScout should NOT be protected with Basic HTTP Authentication.
WhatsApp integration errors are logged in:
- Manage » Logs » WhatsApp Errors
- Manage » Logs » Apps Logs
1) Register at Chat API.
2) Log in to Chat API, enter Instance name and scan QR code to connect your WhatsApp.
3) By default after you enable the integration all the old messages sent to your WhatsApp account will be imported into FreeScout. If you don’t want this to happen go to Chat API and in the Instance Settings turn on “Not send old message after authorize” option.
4) Now copy Instance and Token from Chat API to FreeScout and enable integration in the FreeScout. From now on in order the integration to work you need to keep your mobile phone connected to the Internet.
Integration may not work when:
1) Mobile phone is disconnected from the Internet.
2) WhatsApp web has been scanned in another device.