This module converts messages sent to your WhatApp into FreeScout conversations and allows support agents reply from FreeScout. Answers are delivered to your customers’ WhatsApp messengers.
Only WhatsApp Business accounts are supported!
Each mailbox can be connected to it’s WhatsApp account.
WhatsApp conversations are marked with the corresponding badge.
Module also allows to receive GPS location from customers. Locations are received in the following form: 21.8179309,79.8707419
- FreeScout should use HTTPS protocol
- FreeScout should NOT be protected with Basic HTTP Authentication.
Migrating from Chat API to 1msg.io
Before this module used chat-api.com service, now it uses 1msg.io. In order to switch from Chat API do the following:
1) Update the module to the latest version.
2) Create an account on https://1msg.io with the same email as you had on chat-api.com.
3) Go to WhatsApp settings in FreeScout and make sure you have correct “Channel ID” and “Token”.
4) Turn OFF the “Enabled” checkbox in FreeScout and save settings.
5) Turn ON the “Enabled” checkbox and save settings.
6) Make sure the integration works.
Instructions for 1msg.io
1) Register at 1msg.io and add WhatsApp channel on Channels page. 1msg.io will provide you with all the instructions. It will require you to have a company’s Facebook business account (to do this, you’ll need to complete the authorization and instructions of the 360Dialog provider).
4) When you have an active Channel on 1msg.io go to the Channel and copy Channel ID and API Key (Token) to FreeScout and enable the integration in the FreeScout. FreeScout will add a webhook to the 1msg.io Channel.
6) If you want to reply to customers not only from FreeScout, but also directly from WhatsApp on the mobile phone, you need to set WhatsApp account phone number to one of the FreeScout users. Enter phone number on user’s profile page in FreeScout. Phone number must contain country code and consist of digits only. For example if the phone number connected to WhatsApp account is +1 858-509-2499 you need to set the following phone number for FreeScout user: 18585092499. In case of any issues see errors in “Manage » Logs » WhatsApp Errors”.
After the start of the dialogue with the customer WhatsApp allows to communicate with a customer during the first 24 hours. If you want to start communication with the customer after this period WhatsApp requires to send a special Message Template first (Templages can be created in 1msg.io). To start communication after 24 hours since the beginning of dialog WhatsApp requires not only to send a Message Template to a customer but also to receive a reply from the customer first. For now we’ve gave up trying to send Message Templates automatically via the module (if anybody wants to implement it – see how to contribute to official modules). So in such cases you’ll need to prepare and send Message Templates manually using 1msg.io.
Instructions for Twilio
If you are planning to use Twilio, before purchasing this module it’s highly recommended to register in Twilio first and make sure that you can get in a phone number in your country.
1. Create a Twilio account here.
2. Buy a phone number (in some countries Twilio does not provide phone numbers).
3. Enable WhatsApp on your Twilio number: https://www.twilio.com/docs/whatsapp/tutorial/connect-number-business-profile
4. Enter purchased phone number into Twilio Phone Number field in module’s settings.
5. On https://console.twilio.com in the “Account Info” section find Account SID and Auth Token and copy into corresponding fields on module’s settings page.
If you want to send auto replies to customers messaging you via the WhatsApp you can use Workflows Module (“Communication Channel” condition allows you to distinguish messages sent via the WhatsApp).
Troubleshooting WhatsApp Integration
WhatsApp integration errors are logged in:
- Manage » Logs » WhatsApp Errors
- Manage » Logs » Apps Logs
If support agent replies do not reach customer in WhatsApp, make sure background jobs are running in your FreeScout.
The module does not allow to start a conversation via WhatsApp with a customer, customer have to message you first.