Custom Fields is a powerful tool helping to store additional information on conversations, organize and prioritize conversations (this module does not provide custom fields for customers).
There are five supported field types:
- Dropdown: Classic dropdown list with an option to select one choice.
- Single line: A traditional textfield.
- Multi line: A larger text area for longer text.
- Number: A field allowing to enter only numbers.
- Date: Date in YYY-mm-dd format.
Only Administrators can add or edit custom fields.
Required fields have to be filled in before sending a reply, adding a note or closing the conversation.
If conversation is moved to another mailbox, custom fields data is not preserved.
Search results can be filtered by custom fields.