This module converts incoming Twitter direct messages into FreeScout conversations and allows support agents to reply from FreeScout.
Each mailbox can be connected to it’s own Twitter account.
Twitter conversations are marked with the corresponding badge.
Before purchasing the module make sure that you have a Twitter Developer Account (see “Step 1” of the Instruction below) and that you are able to create a Twitter app at https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps.
- PHP >=7.1
- FreeScout should use HTTPS protocol
- FreeScout should NOT be protected with Basic HTTP Authentication.
Twitter integration errors are logged in:
- “Manage » Logs » App Logs”
- “Manage » Logs » Twitter Errors”
1) Apply for Twitter Developer account at https://developer.twitter.com/en/apply-for-access
2) Create an app at https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps (regular app, not a Standalone).
3) Copy Twitter Consumer “API key” and Consumer “API secret key” to the FreeScout.
4) Go to the “Keys and tokens” section of the Twitter app, click “Regenerate” button next to “Access token & secret” and copy generated “Access Token” and “Access Token Secret” to the FreeScout.
5) In app’s settings in “App permissions” section select “Read + Write + Direct Messages”.
6) Go to “Dev Environments” (under Products » Premium) page https://developer.twitter.com/en/account/environments and click “Set up” next to “Account Activity API” (enter “prod” as the “Dev environment label”).
7) Go to Twitter settings in the FreeScout and turn on “Enabled” checkbox.