This module allows you to post events from FreeScout (new conversations, customer replies, conversation assigned, updated, etc) instantly to the Rocket.Chat rooms. This module does not send messages from Rocket.Chat to FreeScout.
There are two ways to send notifications to Rocket.Chat.
Method 1. Send notifications via a Rocket.Chat user
This method has the following requirements:
- Password-based authentication should be enabled in your Rocket.Chat.
- 2FA authentication must be disabled.
Sending notifications via a Rocket.Chat user can be configured in “Manage » Rocket.Chat”. You can also map different mailboxes to different rooms there.
If you enable “Conversation Created” event the module will send notifications when any conversation is created (including those marked as Spam by Spam Filter Module).
1) Create a user in Rocket.Chat which will be sending notifications.
2) Add this user to rooms where notifications should be posted.
3) In your FreeScout go to the “Manage » Settings » Rocket.Chat” and enter
4) Click “Save”.
Method 2. Send notifications via a Rocket.Chat Webhook
This method is configured on a per-mailbox basis.
1) In Rocket.Chat in “Administration » Integration” create an Incoming WebHook Integration.
2) In FreeScout open mailbox’s Rocket.Chat settings and enter Webhook URL and Token you received on the previous step.
1) First make sure to check “Rocket.Chat errors” and “App Logs” in “Manage » Logs”.
If you are receiving “Call to undefined function curl_init()” error, please install PHP curl extension:
sudo apt-get install php-curl
2) Make sure in “Manage » Status” that background jobs are running: https://github.com/freescout-helpdesk/freescout/wiki/Installation-Guide#-queuework-is-not-running