The LDAP integration enables you to unlock FreeScout’s potential for large businesses and provide high-powered support. Module allows your LDAP users to authenticate into FreeScout. You can also import & synchronize LDAP users.
- LDAP authentication.
- Supported LDAP servers: Microsoft Active Directory, OpenLDAP, FreeIPA.
- Automatic fallback to local database authentication if LDAP authentication fails.
- Import and automatic synchronization of LDAP users.
- LDAP attributes mapping.
- Assigning imported users to mailboxes.
- SSO authentication.
- Detailed import logs.
- PHP LDAP extension.
- LDAP integration is possible only if users in your LDAP database have email attribute.
Domain users can authenticate into FreeScout automatically when they open application by the pre-populated $_SERVER[‘AUTH_USER’] (or any other) that is filled when SSO is enabled on your server. When SSO authentication is configured when you visit your site, a user account will be created (if one does not exist already) with a random password and then automatically logged in.